Standing on the banks of the Lake, Villa Garrovo is located within the 25 acres complex of the famous Hotel Villa D’Este’s estate, which provides guests with the unique experience of marrying the intimacy and privacy of your own home on Lake Como with the unparalleled services and amenities that only a five star luxury Hotel can offer. The villa was built in 1833 and completely refurbished in 2015. It is the ideal place for families and group of friends looking for a private home away from home yet with all comforts offered by the Villa d’Este and is perfect for very exclusive high-end stays.
This villa in its past has hosted royalty, Hollywood stars, musicians and writers, now it will be perfect for families or couples looking for ample space, or to soak up the Italian sun outside on their own veranda, in the hidden garden or on the large patio.
A stay at the Villa Garrovo is truly the best of both worlds: a private home where you can enjoy discretion and privacy, yet one provided with all the amenities and creature comforts offered by the world class service of a Villa d’Este Group property.
Weekly rates & Availability
- Security deposit held locally on cc
- City Tax to be paid locally – No charges for children up to 12 yrs.
- Check-in: from 10:00am -Check-out by 3:00pm
Included with rent
- Electricity, A/C, heating, water and nal cleaning
- Daily Buffet breakfast served at the Hotel “Veranda” Restaurant, or Continental breakfast served in villa with no supplement.
- Daily morning housekeeping service and turn down service • Free membership to the Villa d’ Este Sporting Club for in-house guests: gym, 8 tennis courts, swimming pools (indoor and outdoor), sauna and Turkish bath, pu ing green, jog- ging track and bicycles.
- Exclusive Chef service for one lunch or dinner at the villa, during the stay – cost of food and beverage not included
- In June, July and August: 60 minutes private boat tour on the Lake on board the Villa d’ Este Vaporina (up to 6 people, time and date to be con rmed in advance and subject to availability)
- Complimentary one way transfer from/to Milan airports/ train station (up to 3 di erent arrival/departure times and up to a total of 12 people)
- Daily change of bath linen
- Internet DSL/Wi-Fi connection
- Garden maintenance
- Concierge service
Not included with rent
- All incidentals – the hotel will apply the VAT applicable in Italy and subject to change by the Italian legislator without prior notification
What to do in Lake Como
The area of Lake Como is abundant in picturesque towns with narrow cobbled streets, breathtaking views, and lovely homes and gardens, best visited from late spring to early fall. Take a stroll through the city of Como to enjoy its history and architecture, then hop on the ferry and head north to visit other towns on the lakeshore. However, there is more to do in this area than traditional sightseeing. Visitors can book a flight over the lake by seaplane or take the funiculare (hillside trolley) to Brunate and enjoy spectacular views from above. Extreme sports enthusiasts can enjoy paragliding off of Mount Nuvolone. Small and large groups alike can book boat tours with our concierge to enjoy the lake from the water, having fun spotting properties owned by the rich and famous (Donatella Versace, Madonna, and George Clooney, among others). For the more adventurous, Lake Como also offers water-skiing, wind surfing, and wake boarding. Bikers will surely enjoy the natural trails that lead to the mountains or even hidden pebbled beaches. Go for a round of golf or tennis at one of the many locations across the lake region. Lake Como has something for everyone! With fashion-capital Milan just 45 minutes away, it's no wonder that Lake Como also offers excellent designer shopping.
Where to eat
Momi - Excellent fresh local food served on a romantic and panoramic terrace. Memorable experience if you are there at sunset! You can arrive also by boat and access the restaurant from the water via private dock. Ask the locals for directions because the place it is a little hard to find. Frazione Riva, Blevio - +39 334 120 2327
Crotto dei Platani - Another great place on the water. Great food, excellent wine and magnificent view...who could ask for more? Try the potato and porcini flan with Taleggio cheese. Via Regina 73, Brienno - +39 031 814038
La Veranda at Villa D'Este - This classic restaurant offers great views of the lake. The perfect combination of food, atmosphere and service make this a must! Via Regina 40, Villa d'Este, Cernobbio - +39 031 3481
Trattoria del Glicine - Great typical food in a traditional setting. 10 minute drive uphill from Cernobbio. Try the duck and - if in season - the white asparagus salad. Via Vittorio Veneto 1, Località Piazza Santo Stefano In Collina - +39 031 511332
Osteria del Beuc - Unpretentious trattoria, local atmosphere and good typical dishes with a menu changing daily. Outdoor seating available. Via Felice Cavallotti 1, Cernobbio - +39 031 341633
Cardamomo - Fabulous pizza and artisanal beer. Child friendly. No reservations taken, show up early (around 7:00pm) to get a table. Via Carloni 2 f/g, Como - +39 031 301919
Where to shop
Clothing - Tessabit Plinio, elegant contemporary concept clothing store selling the best of Italian Fashion. Piazza Cavour 34, Como - +39 031 304348
Food - Taste the Formaggio Lariano produced throughout the year with milk obtained exclusively in the province of Como. Buy this goodie at Latteria Alto Lario. Via Statale 178, Dongo - +39 0344 821 84
Silk accessories - Como is also famous for silk manufacturing, a place to buy some articles is Azalea Bellagio. Salita Serbelloni 31, Bellagio - +39 031 950 984
Leather goods - Quelli della pelle, artisanal hand-made products, 100% made in Bellagio. Salita Serbelloni 22, Bellagio - +39 031 951 393