Villa Gaia is a strikingly beautiful and secluded four-floor villa in the heart of Chianti, only 20 minutes from Siena. It is a luxurious and extremely sophisticated dwelling. The villa, owned for centuries by an Italian aristocratic family, is encircled by spectacular gardens, offering incredible views of the surrounding countryside. Dating back to the year 1400, it was recently restored with extreme care. The villa is 16,000 square feet and the annex is 4,800 square feet.
Weekly rates & Availability
|From||To||25 guests||31 guests||35 guests|
- Security deposit: €6,000 to be hold at the agency
- Food allowance: €5,000 (€ 4,000 paid with final balance + € 1,000 in cash due on arrival
- Collateral for any extras over €5,000 will be held on guests’ credit card presented at the villa on arrival.
- Food and beverages to be paid locally on a daily basis
- Important! All the incidentals will be subject to 22% VAT and need to be paid locally. The villa accepts Amex only.
- Check-in: between 4:00 pm–7:00 pm – Check-out: before/by 10:30 am
- All the extra services must be paid locally, prior to departure, unless otherwise arranged
Included with rent
- Electricity and air conditioning up to 2,000 kwt per week, water, gas for hot water and final cleaning
- 1 house manager + 4 house staff members, 6 days per week (1 day off during the week) for groups up to 25 people. Staff Schedule: 8:30am to 1pm and 4pm to 8pm. For groups above 25 people, extra staff is required.
- Midweek change of bed & bathroom linens (Wed)
- Pool towels – up to 40 towels per week included
- Daily Continental breakfast (Bread, butter, jam, eggs, yogurt, juice, coffee, juice, tea, milk)
- Welcome dinner at chef’s choice
- Wi-Fi internet connection
- Concierge service from 9am to 1pm and from 4pm to 8pm
Not included with rent
- Electricity and air conditioning over 2,000 kwt per week, as per meter reading
- Heating, as per meter reading
- Extra staff for groups larger than 25 people is required (1 or 2 staff) – to be paid extra €120 per 8 hour/per day/per staff member
- Any extra housekeeping time will be charged at €15 per hour/per staff member
- Chef and waiters for dinner service: 5 course dinner for min 20 pax: € 45 per person/per meal or € 55 per person/per meal with fish menu (includes food, waiters and cook service). Dinner should be preferably served at 8:00 – 8:30pm. Staff regular shift ends at 10:30pm. Overtime is charged €18 per hour/per each maid/waiter.
- Chef services for lunch to be arranged on site with house manager, to be booked in advance
- Personal laundry service, to be billed to individual rooms
- Grocery shopping fee: € 50 per delivery, plus cost of groceries
- Telephone and fax charges, to be billed to individual rooms
What to do in Chianti
Famous for its art and architecture, Florence is an obligatory destination for the first-timer visitor of Italy. However, while exploring the historical center is something that cannot be missed, the pristine studded landscapes and the enchanted medieval villages set on the famous Tuscan rolling hills surrounding Florence are well worth a visit. The most famous area to explore is the Chianti, a blessed land that covers a rather large wine-producing region of Tuscany, reaching from Florence to Siena, and all the way out to Pisa. Chianti's must see sights are the wine villages of Castellina, Radda and Gaiole. Along the road visit the Badia di Coltibuono and/or Castello di Brolio and do not forget to pick up some wine to enjoy at the villa!
Where to eat
Osteria di Passignano - Set in the middle of the Antinori wine estate…all we can say is: NOT TO BE MISSED! Via Passignano 33, 50028, Tavarnelle Val di Pesa - +39 055 807 1278
Il Padellina - Rustic trattoria serving local cuisine. Come for the steak, stay for the atmosphere. Corso del Popolo 54, Strada in Chianti – +39 055 858388
La Loggia (at Hotel San Michele) - Fine dining, romantic setting and unforgettable views. Via Doccia 4, Fiesole - +39 055 567 8200
La cantinetta di Rignana - Stunning views, great food and, of course, fantastic wine! Località Rignana 13, Greve in Chianti - +39 055 852601
Torre guelfa di chef Claudio - Ideal place for a meal if you are in this area for a shopping afternoon at the Outlets (20 minute drive away). Your shopping spree will be even more memorable thanks to the specialties tasted at this restaurant. Via S. Martino Altoreggi, 8, Figline Valdarno - +39 055 951112
Where to shop
Clothing:, The Mall - Tuscany’s most exclusive outlet complex with more than 20 boutiques, including Prada, Gucci Armani, Fendi, Marni and Dolce and Gabbana. Via Europa, 8, Leccio - The Mall Official Website
Terracotta objects: the area of Impruneta is famous for the terracotta. Visit Artenova, which sells a unique range of artistic hand-made terracotta decorations. Via Europa, 12 - +39 055 201 2316
Hand embroidered items: linen for the home and lingerie of the finest quality can be found at Grazia Giachi Ricami Piazza Matteotti, 35, Greve in Chianti - +39 055 854 4671 Via Borgo Ognissanti 6 r - +39 055 265 0399
Food specialty store: Macelleria Falorni, one of Italy’s greatest butcher shops where salsicce and prosciutto have been artisanal for eight generations. Here you can buy their products vacuum sealed for easy travel. Piazza Matteotti, 71 – Greve in Chianti - +39 055 853 029.
Wine: Enoteca Antinori, an architectural masterpiece built as a shrine in honor to the rich wine of this land. Via Cassia per Siena, 133 Loc. Bargino, San Casciano Val di Pesa - +39 055 23595